Please join the Phi Kappa Literary Society this Thursday evening at 7p.m. as we debate the resolution BIHR: The United States should make arms sales to all foreign countries illegal. Brother Grantham will be first affirming and Sister Hobby wil be first negating. The definitions are as follows:
- United States: Departments, military agencies, and private contractors of the federal government of the United States of America and its territories
- should: The potential benefits outweigh both the potential detriments and the status quo,
- arms sales: Transactions involving the exchange of military-grade weapons or any other implement whose main purpose is that of combat or warfare,
- foreign countries: Sovereign governments recognized by the United States, paramilitary organizations (politicized or otherwise), and private military contractors with bases of operation outside of the United States and its territories,
- illegal: in violation of a law, executive order, or ordinance of the United States.